Create and upload CSV files to handle large numbers of image/MR uploads
This tutorial describes an alternative upload method for large numbers of images and/or model release documents using the FTP. It is suitable only for the contributors who have large numbers of images/model releases to upload. The contributors who upload only a few images at a time are strongly advised to use the regular upload method.
The csv files allow you to auto-fill the image and model release info for the designated FTP uploaded files.
Use the two template spreadsheets below to start:
- Image spreadsheet template
- MR spreadsheet template
- Video spreadsheet template
- Audio spreadsheet template
Use the Image spreadsheet template to autopopulate the image options related to extended licenses, image donation, model releases, submission type, image keywords, title, description, categories. The template has two sheets: "Image data" and "Image legend". It is recommended you start with the Image legend sheet. You can see that each of the image options has a standard value/number assigned. Fill in the image options on the "Image data" sheet according to this legend. For instance, if you wish your uploads to have the web extended license enabled, you need to mention 1 in the appropriate W-EL field. Once you've finished the "Image data" sheet, convert the spreadhseet to .csv - Tutorial Below! - and upload it in your FTP folder.
Your FTP submissions will be automatically populated with the info mentioned in the Image spreadsheet.
Note: The MR spreadsheet needs to be filled in and uploaded before the Image spreadsheet! You will use the Dreamstime assigned MR ID numbers in the Image spreadsheet.
Use the MR spreadsheet template to autopopulate the model release info related to model's gender, age, ethnicity and country. The template has two sheets: "MR data" and "Model release Legend". It is recommended you start with the Model release legend sheet. You can see that each model-related info has a standard value/number assigned. Fill in the MR options on the "MR data" sheet according to this legend. For instance, if your model is Asian, you need to mention 1 in the appropriate ethnicity field. Once you've finished, convert the MR spreadsheet to .csv - Tutorial Below! - and upload it in your FTP "modelrelease" subfolder. Your model releases will be automatically populated with the info mentioned in the MR spreadsheet.
- Upload the generated CSV file first and then upload the images.
- Upload the MR spreadsheet first if you have model releases to attach and retrieve the MR IDs from the MR Library when you fill in the Image spreadsheet.
- Ensure your submission filename matches the one mentioned in the Image and MR spreadsheets.
- Only the filenames mentioned in the spreadsheets will be autopopulated!
- Now the CSV file for the Model Releases can be exported from the MR Library.
- Use the link in the Actions column to do this: https://cn.dreamstime.com/mrlibrary.php
- Now the CSV file for the Upload History can be exported from the Upload History.
- Use the link in the Status column to do this: https://cn.dreamstime.com/uploadhistory.php
Choose your favourite CSV editor
There are several open source options you can use - e.g. Google Docs or Open Office Suite.
Here's how to generate the csv file for these. The instructions may apply for other spreadsheet editors as well.